A key element in entrepreneurship is really a laser sharp, extremely directed, pinhole-perfect focus. This unwavering bullseye and motivation to get to a goal separates the successful and the mediocre new startup founders.
Easier read than done? Here are some tips from experts who know the importance of focus
- Identify what's important to getting your first customer and nothing more
- Implement one strategy at a time for growing your business. Move to the next one, once you have assessed all aspects of your current strategy.
- Plan alone time and take breaks, as many of the successful entrepreneurs in this article do. This allows you to recapture and recuperate in your mind
- Set mini goals and mini prizes - e.g. 30 minutes undisturbed will get you 10 minutes of social media time
- Remember that it may be easy to get some quick cash doing some odd jobs or consulting work, but if your goal is to grow a business, try to steer clear.
- Publish a daily schedule and follow it. Give it to someone who will hold you accountable to those deliverables. Setting a schedule allows you to 'be your own boss' in a way where you determine what your future self would be doing and keep you accountable to yourself.
- Include an exercise schedule in your daily regimen, as this allows you to consolidate your thoughts.
- Say no at least 10x times than you say yes. Saying no lets you focus on your yes commitments.
- Learn the art of meditating, which is essentially the art of practicing being focused.
Did we miss anything in the list above? Let us know in the comments below.